St. Canice’s Cathedral & Round Tower
Springhill Court Hotel
St Canice’s Cathedral was built between 1202 and 1285. It is built upon a sacred ecclesiastical site, which has been a place of Christian prayer for over 800 years. Cill Channigh is Irish for “The Church of Canice”, the church that originally stood on the site in the 6th century. The adjoining Round Tower is the oldest standing structure in Kilkenny. It is one of only two Round Towers that may be climbed throughout the island of Ireland. Tourists can enjoy this climb, weather permitting, and be gifted panoramic views of the medieval city.